Bridge to MassChallenge Nigeria is a national startup competition co-hosted by MassChallenge and the National Information Technology Development Agency that finds and advances Nigeria’s top businesses while connecting them to the MassChallenge worldwide network. The initiative is aimed at assisting early stage businesses from all industries that are headquartered in Nigeria and want to expand their operations in the country.
What Makes Us Unique
Bridge to MassChallenge Nigeria will discover and accelerate top Nigerian businesses looking to expand their business into the Nigerian market. Selected startups will attend a week-long MassChallenge-led startup bootcamp, followed by a pitch competition to decide the top Bridge to MassChallenge Nigeria startups. The top startups will attend a second week-long bootcamp in Boston or Israel, where they will have access to the MassChallenge Boston or Israeli ecosystems.
Applications are now being accepted for qualifying startups and will close on October 15, 2021.
This program is aimed at innovative entrepreneurs in a variety of industries. Startups interested in applying must be active and based in Nigeria. The initiative also strives to build a strong environment that promotes accountability and quality improvement.
Who is eligible to participate in the Nigeria 2021 Bridge to MassChallenge?
We are looking for entrepreneurs who wish to grow their enterprises.
Early stage and growth-stage enterprises in any industry from all around Nigeria are welcome to apply. MassChallenge is in search of Nigerian entrepreneurs who want to expand locally while also benefiting from the MassChallenge network’s worldwide reach.
Startups must be able to:
- Demonstrate a good fit between the product and the market.
- Have a team that is knowledgeable and experienced.
- Are based in Nigeria and want to expand and scale inside the Nigerian ecosystem.
- In the last 12 months, you’ve obtained less than $1 million in equity-based capital and generated less than $2 million in revenue.
What does it mean for start-ups?
Top entrepreneurs will be chosen to participate in a four-month intensive program that includes both online and in-person components, during which they will build and implement bespoke project plans to advance their localization efforts.
Startups will also gain the following benefits:
- NITDA and other local mentors, as well as local and worldwide mentors from the MassChallenge network and the entrepreneurial environment, provide tailored mentoring and coaching.
- Curriculum created specifically for the needs of startups
- By enabling interactions with investors and hosting a private demo day, you can increase your investment opportunities.
- Access to the global MassChallenge network
How to Apply for the Nigeria 2021 Bridge to MassChallenge
- Create your entrepreneur profile (for “Program of Interest,” select “B2MC Nigeria”).
- Check your inbox for instructions on how to activate your account.
- Create a startup.
- Apply to the B2MC Nigeria program.
- Fill and send in your application.
Please contact B2MCNigeria@masschallenge.org if you have any issues about the application.
Visit Bridge to MassChallenge Nigeria 2021 for more information.