Are you a creative, practical and research-based young African with an interest in solving climate challenges? Are you between the ages of 15-30? If your answer is yes, then this article, which is based on the GEEP Youth Innovation Challenge 2021, is for you.
GEEP Youth Innovation Challenge (YIC) 2021 welcomes young people aged 15 to 30 to suggest a solution to address climate change, marine litter, or both challenges, with environmental education as a core strategy. The body is seeking for solutions that are creative, practical, and research-based.
Climate change and marine trash are two of the world’s most important concerns, and the Global Environmental Education Partnership (GEEP) encourages you to help address them.
Benefits of GEEP Youth Innovation Challenge 2021
- A total of 15 YIC finalists will be chosen, and they will be eligible for the following perks:
- Recognition on the websites and social media pages of GEEP, NAAEE, and other global partners as a YIC finalist
- At the 2021 Asia Pacific Virtual EE Forum, they’ll get further exposure for their solution to environmental education leaders and influencers.
- From the 15 YIC finalists, they will choose three YIC winners. In addition to the perks indicated above, each winner will receive a $1,000 USD reward.
- Young leaders and innovators between the ages of 15 and 30 are eligible to apply.
- Climate change, marine litter, or both must be addressed in your innovative solutions (since these issues are connected)
- Add an environmental education component and submit via Submittable
- The challenge will accept only one proposal per person.
How to Apply GEEP Youth Innovation Challenge 2021
At this time, proposals will only be accepted in English. Your video and written submissions will be graded on the strength of your solution and your ability to express your ideas and vision to the judges, not on your English ability.
If you meet the requirement and you are interested in participating in the challenge, you can visit GEEP Youth Innovation Challenge 2021 to submit your application.