Guaranty Trust Bank has introduced its Corporate Internet Banking service, which gives corporate customers secure access to their accounts and transactions 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In this post, we’ll walk you through the Gtbank Automated Payment System (GAPS) in Nigeria, Step-by-Step.
Before we proceed, meanwhile, have it in mind that the Gtbank GAPS Portal requires only internet connectivity, the user’s log-in credentials, and a security token to use because the GAPS is a web-based service.
GAPS allows customers to attach documents to each transaction. These resources are not currently being sent to beneficiaries by email.
Below is what you will find in this post:
Functions of Gtbank Automated Payment System (GAPS)/GAPS-Lite
- Settlement of local payments
- Single and batch NIBSS Instant Payments and NEFT payments to any Gtbank account, as well as other banks
- Payment of salary and bonus payroll.
- Payment of customs duties and taxes
- FX transfers to any account (local and offshore in USD, Euro, Pounds and Rand) in single or batch mode
- Top-up Airtime for a Single or Multiple Devices for Business (Purchase airtime for a single or multiple devices for business use.)
2. Financial Statements
- Transfers from one’s own account
- Transfers from one’s own account
- Verification of individual and bulk Cheque
- Three-step generating of account Statements
- Account monitoring in actual time via the internet
How to Register for the Gtbank GAPS Portal
To register, please follow any of the steps below:
- User Guide
- GAPS-Lite Mobile
- Go to the website’s Online Banking for Business widget and click the register button to join up for GAPS.
- Go to the website’s Online Banking for Business widget and click the register button to join up for GAPS-Lite.
- Gapslite Mobile is a mobile banking app for businesses. You can easily download it on Android and iOS devices.
Features of Gtbank Automated Payment System Nigeria
- Real-time tracking of all transactions
- Transfers to Gtbank and other financial organizations
- Buying of Airtime
- Once you’ve downloaded the GTWorld Mobile App, you may use it to switch to GAPS-Lite.
How to Transfer FX on Gtbank GAPS Portal
- Log in to the Gtbank gaps portal to get started. Follow the instructions below when you’ve successfully signed in.
- From the drop-down option, choose “single transactions.”
- On the menu, choose “start FX payments.”
- Pick “FX transfer GT to GT,” or “FX transfer to other banks.”
- Select your Gtbank dollar account from the “account to debit” drop-down menu.
- After selecting the account numbering technique (NUBAN or regular), a field to enter the account number appears.
- Enter the account number for the beneficiary bank.
- You’ll see a box where you may type in the amount you want to transfer.
- Fill in the appropriate amount.
- Click “add to batch.”
How to Approve FX Transfer on Gtbank CAPS
- Go to “Approvals,” as shown in the diagram.
- Pick “Approve transaction,” instead of “Approve fxtransfer” from the menu.
- You’ll be transported to a new page after selecting the transfer.
- Select the “auth” box, as shown in the screenshot below.
- From the drop-down menu, choose “Submit.”
- Wait for your Gtbank domiciliary account to be approved and a debit alert to be sent to you.
How long does it take for funds to reach the beneficiary’s account?
Interbank transactions processed using the NIBSS Instant Payment (NIP) system are also available online in real time. Inter-bank transactions via NEFT are received by the beneficiary the same day if initiated before 12 p.m. If this is not the case, it will be delivered the following business day.
Are there any limits on the transfer of GAPs, either internationally or domestically?
The local transfer limit is N250MM per transaction. The daily and weekly foreign transfer limits (for cash deposits) are $10,000 and $50,000, respectively, in other currencies. There are no restrictions on FX transactions when funds are transmitted via SWIFT.