Applications are being accepted by Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme, in partnership with KPMG, Andersen, and Leadway Assurance Company Limited, for the Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme (SBSP) 2021.
Seyi Bickersteth was a senior partner of KPMG in Nigeria from 2002 to 2016 and Chairman of KPMG Africa from 2014 to 2016. He is a recipient of the Seyi Bickersteth Fellowship and has served on numerous boards after retirement, including Leadway Assurance and Andersen Africa, where he was Regional Managing Partner and Chairman.
Seyi Bickersteth was more than a leader; he was a mentor and a teacher who genuinely cared about the development of those around him, which is why a scholarship fund has been established in his name.
Scholarships and bursaries are incredibly valuable, and the impact they can have on students’ lives, their families’ lives, and future generations cannot be emphasised.
Table of Content
- Scholastica Background
- Goals and Benefits of the Seyi Bickersteth Undergraduate Scholarship
- Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Fund Qualifications
- Documents Required for the Application
- How to Apply for Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship
Scholastica has standardised the information needed for most scholarship applications. This saves you the time and effort of having to fill out new applications every time a scholarship is announced. All that remains is for you to press the apply button.
Scholastica also keeps registered candidates up to date on scholarship opportunities and the status of their current applications. This frees up your time to focus on your studies while we take care of your scholarship application. You can also Apply for GEEP Youth Innovation Challenge 2021
Goals and Benefits of Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship
- Beneficiaries of the scheme would get a scholarship stipend of N400, 000 per year. Aside from the scholarship, awardees will receive the following benefits:
- Internships can be found during the summer vacation or while on National Industrial Attachment.
- Mentorship and exposure opportunities are available.
- Subsequent upon graduation, candidates with a First Class or Second Class Upper Division degree will be suitable to work for one of the three businesses (KPMG, Leadway Assurance, or Andersen).
- Applicant must obtain at least five distinctions (As and Bs) (including English and Mathematics) in SSCE.
- Applicant must have SSCE results of not more than two years old.
- The Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) must be passed with a score of 230. (UTME).
- Candidates must have been given admission to study in federal university in Nigeria.
- Candidates four-year programme must be in any of these fields: accounting, business administration, economics, finance, insurance, or actuarial sciences.
- The Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Program is open to students who have gotten admission into the 100 level at the time of application. Students who attended either public or private secondary schools in Nigeria are eligible for the prize (where the student received a scholarship to attend)
- The only students who are eligible to apply are those who are not currently enrolled in a scholarship programme.
- As part of their application, applicants must submit scanned copies of the following documents:
- A current passport-sized photograph of the applicant in JPEG format with a file size of 200 kilobytes.
- A letter of acceptance from a university or JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board);
How to Apply for Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship
If you are qualified and interested in submitting application, you can visit the official Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship portal.
Application Deadline: 28 Sept., 2021