The United Bank for Africa (UBA) is accepting entries for the 2021 National Essay Competition (NEC) for Nigerians, which is part of the UBA Foundation’s education initiative. The project’s goal is to encourage literacy and healthy intellectual competition among Nigerian and African senior high school students. This post will walk you through the application process for the UBA Foundation National Essay Competition.
Table of Content
- About United Bank for Africa (UBA)
- Goals and Benefits of the UBA Foundation National Essay Competition
- Requirements for the UBA Foundation Essay Competition
- Dates, Process, and Location of UBA Foundation Essay Competition Interviews
- Documents Required for the Application
- Application Closing Date
- How to Submit an Essay for the National Essay Contest
About United Bank for Africa (UBA)
United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc is a major pan-African financial services company headquartered in Nigeria. It is one of Africa’s best and most robust banking organisations, with operations in 20 African countries and offices in three global financial centres: London, Paris, and New York. With over 1,000 corporate offices and consumer touch points around the world, UBA has over 14 million customers. UBA has been active in Africa since 1949, when it was known as the British and French Bank Limited (BFB). It was formed as a limited liability corporation on February 23, 1961, and it assumed BFB’s assets and liabilities.
It completed one of the utmost mergers in the history of Nigeria’s capital markets when it amalgamated with Standard Trust Bank (STB) Plc. in 2005. It expanded to nations such as Ghana, Benin Republic, Côte d’Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Guinea, Chad, Cameroon, Kenya, Gabon, Tanzania, Zambia, Uganda, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Mozambique, Senegal, Congo DR, Congo Brazzaville, and Mali.
Goals and Benefits of the UBA Foundation National Essay Competition
- The recipient of the first award will receive a N3, 000,000 education scholarship to use at any African university.
- The runner-up will get a N2, 500,000 education award, which may be utilised at any African university.
- The winner of third place will receive a N2, 000,000 education scholarship to use at any African university.
Requirements for the UBA Foundation Essay Competition
- You must be in senior secondary school class.
- You must submit a handwritten essay (750 words MAX)
Dates, Process, and Location of UBA Foundation Essay Competition Interviews
- The competition’s submissions will be evaluated by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from respectable Nigerian universities, who will select 12 essays for further consideration.
- Following that, the 12 finalists will engage in a second round of competition in which they must write a second superior essay, from which three of the best will be chosen as winners from the 12 finalists.
Documents Required for the Application
- A passport photo is required.
- A copy of a birth certificate, a national ID card, or an international passport.
Application Closing Date:
October 29th, 2021
How to Submit an Essay for the National Essay Contest
To apply, go to www.ubagroup.com and type in UBA Foundation in the search box.
All incomplete or duplicate entries will be disqualified.
For further information, go to this link.