The University of Medical Sciences, Ondo State, welcomes applications from adequately qualified applicants for admission into UNIMED Pre-Degree Science Programme (PDSP) For the 2021/2022 academic session.
The UNIMED Pre-Degree program is a full-time program that lasts for one (1) academic session and two (2) semesters.
It is a rigorous curriculum intended to prepare students for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Post-UTME in order to gain admission to UNIMED’s 100-level degree programs and other universities.
The Following Programmes Are Available:
A. Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
B.NSc, Nursing Science
The Pre-Degree Program will address inadequacies that have been carried over from secondary school in order to prepare students for success in a university program.
Students will be fully prepared for university education as a result of the program, which will boost their self-confidence and increase effective learning abilities.
Requirements for Admission:
- Candidates must have five credit passes in relevant areas of Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from WASC, NECO, or GCE in not more than two (2) sittings. Candidates for NOBS and BDS programs must complete the required 5 credit passes in a single sitting.
- Candidates who are awaiting results must complete the Pre-Degree program with 5 Credit passes in appropriate courses.
- Eligible candidates will be invited to take a computer-based qualifying test (CBT)
Qualification for Admission to Unimed’s 100 Level
- Candidates must sit for the 2022 UTME and achieve the minimal JAMB cut-off mark for University admission as well as other departmental requirements.
- Candidates must also pass the two end-of-semester exams and have an overall average grade of 50 at the conclusion of the program.
Where can I get a UNIMED Pre-Degree Form?
- Prospective candidates should go to www.unimed.edu.ng, click on admissions, Pre-Degree Program, and print the e-transact invoice according to the instructions.
- Pay a fifteen thousand naira (N15, 000.00) application fee in any bank on the e-transact platform, excluding bank charges.
- After payment is confirmed, candidates must complete and print the Pre-Degree Science Programme (PDSP) Application Form online by going to www.unimed.edu.ng and clicking on the PDSP Registration Portal.
- Complete the online application and print a copy of the Exam Schedule slip.
Deadline for Submission of Application Forms
All completed online application forms, including with all needed supporting papers, must be submitted online within six (6) weeks of the date of publication.
Date of Qualifying Examination
Candidates should refer to the University’s website, www.unimed.edu.ng, for information on the qualifying examination date and other pertinent information.
Limited accommodation is available for interested pre-degree students in the university’s managed hostel within walking distance of the pre-degree centre
Please be advised that the University does not have any individual/sales agents for the admission process. For the avoidance of doubt, valid information about admissions into the University’s programs can only be obtained from the Office of the Director of Predegree Science Program (PDSP) and the UNIMED website.
Please keep in mind that genuine payments for form purchases can only be made in the manner described above, and not to any individual. Anyone transacting with an individual/agent or making a payment to a different account does so at their own risk.